Australian Associated Press
- Musa Ali Alzuain is one of seven men charged over the murder of Jason De Ieso
- Guarantor for the 28-year-old offered to put up $350,000 to secure his release
- Alzuain appealed to the state’s highest court after his request was denied
- Justice Malcolm Blue dismissed the application during a brief hearing on Friday
- De Ieso’s murder could be linked to a longstanding feud between the Hells angels and the Finks bikie gangs.
An alleged murderer and champion boxer has had his Olympic hopes dashed after he was refused bail by the South Australian Supreme Court.
Musa Ali Alzuain is one of seven Hells Angels charged over the murder of Jason De Ieso, who was gunned down outside his Adelaide workshop in 2012.
Prosecutors had opposed all forms of bail, but a guarantor for the 28-year-old offered to put up $350,000 to secure his release.
His lawyer had asked a magistrate to release him on home detention bail so he could pursue his dream of competing in the Tokyo Olympics.
Alzuain appealed to the state’s highest court after his request was denied, but Justice Malcolm Blue dismissed the application during a brief hearing on Friday.
Mr De Ieso’s murder is thought to be linked to a longstanding feud between the Hells Angels and Finks bikie gangs.
The others accused are Nicholas Sianas, Daniel Mark Jalleh, Ross William Montgomery, Kyle Lloyd Pryde, Husain Ali Alzuain and Mohamed Alzuain.
J&P Cyces Cobra Black Quick Detachable 14″ Sissy Bar with Backrest
All seven will appear next in Adelaide Magistrates Court in March along with another man, Jake Byron Martin-Herde, who has been charged with assisting an offender.
Mr De Ieso’s killing is believed to be a case of mistaken identity.
CCTV footage previously released by investigators showed nine men walking towards the front of his workshop, with at least two of those carrying guns.
The men opened fire, killing Mr De Ieso, before running from the scene.
But police said the 33-year-old had no links to either the Hells Angels or the Finks and was just an “innocent bystander.”
Source: Insane Throttle Biker News