Three people were killed at the Whiskey Barrel Saloon back on April 1
OKLAHOMA CITY —
Investigators traced a deadly weekend shooting in Texas to a biker gang shootout in Oklahoma City.
Three people were killed at the Whiskey Barrel Saloon back on April 1. The violence from that night hasn’t stopped.
One of the nation’s leading experts on biker gangs said the shootout at the Whiskey Barrel Saloon more than two weeks ago sparked another deadly shooting over the weekend. KOCO 5 affiliates at ABC13 in Houston covered a freeway shooting in the middle of the day on Friday that left three people dead.
Motorcycle gang investigator Steve Cook said intel indicates this shooting happened while members of the Bandidos motorcycle gang were traveling for the funeral of one of the victims of OKC’s Whiskey Barrel Saloon shooting.
“Unfortunately, with death comes funerals, and those are very high opportunity targets because rival motorcycle gangs know that it’s typically a mandatory attendance to those functions, so they lay in wait and know there’s a lot of opportunities to ambush people on the interstates,” Cook said.
Cook said retaliation is common in the biker gang world.
“This is certainly not the first time this has happened and, unfortunately, probably won’t be the last,” Cook said.
Cook said this is an ongoing, monthslong feud between the Bandidos and a gang called the Homietos. Now, he’s calling on the public and law enforcement to help settle the dust and keep citizens safe.
Source: KOCO5 ABC
- Daytona Beach man killed in shootout between two biker clubs had mixed past
- Jason shocked the bikie world when he turned his back on the Bandidos for the rival Hells Angels gang. But there’s just one issue – and it’s written all over his older brother’s body
- Former Pagan’s Jersey (Daniel Hooban) Loses Life in Motorcycle Wreck
- Hell’s Lovers Motorcycle Club allegedly involved with wild Topeka bar shooting
- Outcast and Thug Riders MCs open fire on each other as mass shooting leave two dead
- Augusta Fire official named after running over dead body at mass shooting scene
- CHARGES AMENDED FOR SUSPECT IN CONNECTION TO DEADLY BIKER GANG SHOOTING AT METRO BAR
- How a Cold War Between Rival Biker Gangs on Cape Cod Turned Red Hot
- Some Charges Cut in Vegas Hells Angels Freeway Gunfire Case
- Investigators Trace Texas Biker Shooting to Oklahoma City
- Biker who broke leg in crash in north Georgia mountains survived on creek water for 8 days
- Biker gang experts weigh in on Bandidos’ highway murders