NBC News investigative reporter Tom Winter provided details on Thursday about the militia plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and violently overthrow the government over her mask mandate and COVID-19 rules.
Winter explained that the FBI began monitoring social media conversations about the violent overthrow of the government and were able to use embedded agents and informants to thwart the plot.
“One of those informants came from a militia group in Michigan and as a result they were able to speak with this person who came forward because they were concerned that the militia was seeking the addresses of police officers and wanted to kill police officers,” he said. “One of the militia groups that was kind of associated or tried to be brought in to be recruited by the people that were charged today in this plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was allegedly involved in one of those Second Amendment rallies at the capital in Michigan.”
- Ex-Londoner with alleged biker ties reportedly shot dead in Colombia
- State’s Attorney’s Office filed a motion this week asking a judge to prevent first-degree murder defendant from calling an expert witness
- 2 Time Cancer Survivor Pledges Ride to Sturgis
- Warren biker accused of threatening another man with a firearm
- Local bike club honor, raise funds for long time friend diagnosed with cancer
- Bandido Harrassed by Police (Video)
FBI Director Christopher Wray testified that “opportunists,” militia members and anarchists were the majority of the instigators of violence at rallies where Black Lives Matters and ANTIFA were originally accused of these same behaviors.
Read Source: Raw Story