NBC News investigative reporter Tom Winter provided details on Thursday about the militia plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and violently overthrow the government over her mask mandate and COVID-19 rules.
Winter explained that the FBI began monitoring social media conversations about the violent overthrow of the government and were able to use embedded agents and informants to thwart the plot.
“One of those informants came from a militia group in Michigan and as a result they were able to speak with this person who came forward because they were concerned that the militia was seeking the addresses of police officers and wanted to kill police officers,” he said. “One of the militia groups that was kind of associated or tried to be brought in to be recruited by the people that were charged today in this plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer was allegedly involved in one of those Second Amendment rallies at the capital in Michigan.”
- Carrollton mayoral candidate jailed on 109 felony counts in vote fraud case
- Strike Force Raptor investigators have charged a senior member of the Satudarah outlaw motorcycle gang for accessing child abuse material.
- Militia that targeted Michigan governor also sought to kill cops
- Man killed in shooting between rival biker gangs – Houston
- Police: 1 shot and killed, 7 wounded at Iowa biker gathering
- Harley-Davidson to shut sales and manufacturing operations in India
FBI Director Christopher Wray testified that “opportunists,” militia members and anarchists were the majority of the instigators of violence at rallies where Black Lives Matters and ANTIFA were originally accused of these same behaviors.
Read Source: Raw Story