MOUNT PLEASANT — A dirt biker riding in the Whitehall Terrace neighborhood died after falling off his bike on Christmas evening.
Deputies from the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office arrived at 1514 Macoma Drive at 5 p.m. Dec. 25 in response to reports of a dirt bike crash.
Deputies found an unidentified man who had fallen off his bike and was seriously injured.
The bike had gone off the road and ran into a culvert, said Andrew Knapp, sheriff’s office spokesman. The man had been wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, he said.
The man was transported to the hospital where he later died from injuries suffered in the crash. He was 48 years old, Knapp said. The Charleston County coroner’s office has yet to identify the victim.
Deputies are continuing to investigate the case. No further information was immediately available.
Source: The Post and Courier
- Hells Angels Member Indicted After Bloody Clubhouse Beating
- Hells Angels-style biker gangs signing up former squaddies after David Crawford death
- Biker gang member accused of showing illegal tattoo says his make-up rubbed off
- Men charged in Raleigh murder involving rival motorcycle gangs appear in court
- When You Lose Your Cut and Your Club Doesn’t Help You Get it Back!